Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Secret

From The Secret by Rhonda Byrne:

I had been wearing reading glasses for about three years before I discovered The Secret. One night as I was tracing the knowledge of The Secret back through the centuries, I found myself reaching for my glasses to see what I was reading. And I stopped in my tracks. The realization of what I had done struck me like a lightning bolt.

I had listened to society’s message that the eyesight diminishes with age. I had watched people stretch their arms out so that they could read something. I had given my thought to eyesight diminishing with age, and I had brought it to me. I hadn’t done it deliberately but I had done it. I knew that what I had brought into being with thoughts I could change, so I immediately imagined myself seeing as clearly as when I was twenty-one years old. I saw myself in dark restaurants, on planes, and at my computer, reading clearly and effortlessly. And I said over and over, “I can see clearly, I can see clearly.” I felt the feelings of gratitude and excitement for having clear vision. In three days my eyesight had been restored, and I now do not own reading glasses. I can see clearly.(Byrne, 2006 p 60).


The secret talks about the law of attraction and how we create our world by our thoughts. The steps are to: ask (get clear on what you want) believe (imagine, pretend, act as if, visualize what you want being manifest) receive (feel good, show gratitude)

No comments:

Post a Comment