Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Air I Breathe

He spit the words from his lips
The magnetic gate from which my breath comes
Unaware that the release of such venom
Put a slight rip in my left atrium
Leaving me wounded;

“Bitch, I hate the air you breathe”
Were the words that he said to me
Because he, like so many others
Did not understand the impact of my reality.

The very center of his universe, the tender fingers realeasing tension
In his shoulders
From him holding
His position as Atlas.

The world on his shoulders,
Got him slumped over
At times feeling like it’s over
The effects that the hatred of him by society causes

Feeling like, he ain’t meant to survive cuz it’s a set up,
But he’s got to keep his head up
So as his woman I place two fingers
Right below his chin,
To remind him to…
Keep
Striving.

That all in life is vanity
Conspiracy
To prevent us from evolving spiritually
Keeping us trapped
In this rat maze.

I tell him, that “Greater is He who is in thee that he who is in the world”
And even thought you were misinformed
You’ve got to remember
Who
You
Are.

See I took all that was me and gave birth
To him.
Nurtured
The God inside
Yet he hung me on a cross.
Did Caesar like Brutus
Judas
With kisses he betrayed me
Killed me
When that venom sprang from his lips.

I had planted his soil with my seed
Yet he depleted me with four constonants and a vowel.

So no, he didn’t understand
Why I went ham
Thought I was Tyson
But I swung
When I really wanted to bite him.

The tear in my left atrium running deeper
Causing me to fall deepr and deeper
I couldn’t see
Deeper into insanity.

And at this point,
That’a all I remember
And I hope you see that I am not guilty
My actions the result of the injury
I suffered when he spat

“Bitch, I hate the air you breathe”

Because the air I breathed was he, yet he didn’t understand.

© August 2010 Enigma

1 comment:

  1. Peace! A beautifully potent and expressive piece.. Its quite amazing how fully a scene can be expressed, with even the most subtle of clues and most varied of detail, when so much heart and emotion lie between the words.. :)

    ReplyDelete